If you know me, you know I have a true love for food! Some days I get my motivation to workout from thinking about what I want to eat that day. The more I exercise, the less guilty I feel when I treat myself. Life is all about balance.
Last night I made a fall/winter favorite in our house enchilada stuffed spaghetti squash. Here is the recipe I use, of course you can change any ingredients you may like.
Enchilada Stuffed Spaghetti Squash
-2 Chicken Breasts -1 Spaghetti Squash
-Olive Oil -Cayenne Pepper
-Hot Chili Powder -Garlic Powder
-Black Pepper -1 Can Black Beans
-1 Cup Cooked Quinoa -1 Cup Frozen Corn
-1 Can Red Enchilada Sauce -1/2 of a Diced Onion
-1 Cup Salsa – Shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
- Cut a spaghetti squash and cut it in half. Scrape out the seeds and rub a little olive oil on the inside. I put a little cayenne on the inside of mine because I like spicy food, but it’s optional. Put the squash in the oven at 350 degrees for about 50 minutes. When it’s done it should be soft on the inside.
- Season two chicken breasts. I used a cayenne olive oil, cayenne pepper, hot chili powder, garlic powder, black pepper. Cook at 350 degrees for about 25 minutes.
- To make the filing mix the 1 can of black beans, 1 cup of cooked quinoa, 1 cup frozen corn, 1 can enchilada sauce, 1/2 of a diced onion, 1 cup salsa.
- When the chicken breasts are cooked, chop them up and add the chicken to the filling mixture.
- Put the filling inside of the spaghetti squash.
- Top with Monterey Jack shredded cheese.
- Bake for about 10 minutes. Turn on the broiler and leave in for about 1-2 more minutes.
This meal usually lasts us for 2 nights. The leftovers are just as good! We have done this recipe with chicken, ground turkey and ground beef before. You can use different cheese or beans if you like, add cilantro or peppers, skies the limit! This makes for a delicious, filling and healthy meal!
Sorry, I was so excited to eat it I forgot to take a picture of the final product. 🙂 It was yummy though!
Hope your having a great weekend!